Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Cross Stitch Revolution

I have been creating Cross Stitches under the name Tea Party Revolution for about 3 years now. I primarily use artworks created by LillyKitten Art.

The story begins when I was looking for something to cross stitch in 2002. I had finished a number of traditional stitches - houses, flowers... and I was looking for something a little more modern. But as much as I looked, I couldn't find anything that immediately struck me.

That year I used a primative method to create a pattern for a birthday present for a friend, which turned out really well and soon after this I saw advertisements for the release of DMC's pattern creator, which piqued my interest.
Que and Shay, the first pattern: TPR 2002



The first pattern created and stitched with DMC's program was 'Lestat's Eye', an older LillyKitten image and clearly shows the lack of skill in the design and colour departments. 'Lestat's Eye' had over 80 different colours.

Lestat's Eye, 2004

When I became serious, I upgraded my pattern program to PCStitch Pro and have been altering images and fixing patterns ever since....

No comments:

Post a Comment